Cernos Gel (Testosterone gel 1%) is a drug containing testosterone, used exclusively for external use. As a rule, this drug is prescribed to men if they have a lack of testosterone in the body. A testosterone gel is quite effective and safe. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and take the product correctly. To maintain the level of the hormone testosterone at the required level, you need to use the drug daily.
Advantages and disadvantages of testosterone gel
Testosterone gel reviews today are mostly positive. This is due to the presence of several advantages of the drug:
- If you compare the gel with a similar drug in the form of injections, then it is much more comfortable to use the gel, since its use does not cause pain and discomfort.
- You can use the gel on your own, it is not necessary to consult a doctor
- Testosterone gel rarely causes adverse reactions and is therefore very well tolerated
- Promotes muscle development
- Stimulates the appearance and retention of secondary sexual characteristics
- Regulates protein metabolism, also in women
- Evenly distributes subcutaneous tissues
- Regulates the secretion and excretion of pituitary gonadotropins.
The use of the gel can not lead to an overdose. However, there are also some disadvantages of testosterone gel. First, it must be applied very carefully, strictly following the instructions. Second, within 5 hours after application, you can't touch other people. This is because the gel can enter the human body and disrupt its hormonal balance. This phenomenon can be especially harmful for pregnant women, as well as for young children.If there is an accidental touch, it is necessary to urgently wash the skin area on which the gel was transferred with soap and water.
Testosterone Gel Usage Method
To begin with, it should be noted that testosterone gel is a male drug, its effect on women has not been evaluated by the manufacturer in any way. Testosterone gels are prescribed as hormone replacement therapy exclusively for men. There are some rules for the use of testosterone gel:
- After opening the gel pack, it should be applied immediately, it is not recommended to store it in this way.
- Apply one sachet of the medicine a day on washed and dry skin.
- Do not apply the drug to the genital area, because there is a risk of allergic reactions.
- Do not apply the gel on places with damage, wounds or scrapes
- It is recommended to apply Testosterone gel on the abdomen, forearms and shoulders
14 sachets per box